Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: GAO
Kshemendra Paul, the new Program Manager for the Information Sharing Environment, must reestablish the role of the organization, experts say. James Carafano of Heritage says Paul must convince and educate the intelligence community about the value of the ISE. Jim Dempsey of the Markle Foundation Task Force says Paul must figure out the ISE's relationship with other information sharing organizations in the government.
Tags: technology , Kshemendra Paul , Leslie Phillips , OMB , ODNI , DoJ , Information Sharing Environment , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , James Carafano , Jim Dempsey , Paul Wormeli , IJIS , Heritage , Markle Foundation Task Force , information sharing , NIEM , jason miller
Director of Acquisition and Sourcing Management shares ideas to implement OMB insourcing guidelines.
Audit agency calls for business cases to justify new multiple award contracts, and a database listing all existing contracts. Sen. McCaskill plans to hold a second hearing on interagency contracting in June.
Tags: contracting , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Claire McCaskill , Ed Towns , Darrell Issa , GSA , OFPP , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , MACs , GWACs , Interagency contracting , jason miller , Contract Overload
Agency picks CSC for the $489 million IT infrastructure contract for a second time since September. Protest by unsuccessful bidders still possible.
Cyber security at the Veterans Affairs Department was slammed on Capitol Hill yesterday. The GAO explains why today.
NASA sidesteps flaws in FISMA, Microsoft to give feds early warning on security
The agency is working with different industry sectors to improve how and the kinds of IT security information that flows in both directions. DHS has a pilot with DoD and financial services companies to exchange threat and malicious activity from their networks. DHS also has installed Einstein 2 software on 12 agency networks to improve how they recognize risks.
Tags: technology , Greg Shaffer , Anna Eshoo , John Denning , DHS , DoD , Computer and Communications Industry Association , Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysi , cybersecurity , Einstein , information sharing , jason miller
A recent report from the congressional watchdog says DoD needs to improve the way it plans to help civilian authorities in the wake of domestic disasters.
Experts wary about cybersecurity, Black market rising for IP addresses
The way the federal government does business with contractors is changing.