Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: GAO
The Federal Protective Service has been upgrading security plans in the wake of a summer GAO report that detailed critical gaps in the system. The director tells FederalNewsRadio about some of the changes.
Foreign language proficiency shortfalls in critical regions, such as the Near East and South and Central Asia, where about 40 percent of officers did not meet requirements, is just one of the staffing issues facing the Foreign Service Office.
Deputy director for management Jeffrey Zients hires Shelley Metzenbaum to help lead the performance management effort. OMB to lean on the Performance Improvement Council to develop and advocate for new approach.
Tags: management , Jeffrey Zients , Bernice Steinhardt , Sen. Tom Carper , Shelley Metzenbaum , OMB , CMS , FEMA , Interior , NASA , NRC , VA , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , EPA , Performance Improvement Council , GPRA , PART , performance management
Dave McClure is now head of the Office of Citizen Services and Communications. He tells the Daily Debrief about some of his goals, including his plans for Web 2.0.
Executive Vice President
Professional Services Council
August 31st, 2009