Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: GAO
Inspector General for the National Archives and Records Administrations Paul Brachfeld says investigators and U.S. Marshals executed a sealed warrant at the home, so he cannot discuss the case.
Tags: U.S. Marshals Service , National Archives , National Archives and Records Administration , Leslie Waffen , Nan Allendorf Waffen , Paul Brachfeld , Sandy Berger , missing documents , National Security Adviser , 9/11
Greg Wilshusen, GAO's Director of Information Security Issues shares his thoughts in the latest Mindshare
GAO's Randolph Hite joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss GAO's recommendations for DHS' massive border security project.
Pervasive and sustained cyber attacks continue to pose a potentially devastating threat to the systems and operations of the federal government. And federal agencies face many challenges in combating this threat. Greg Wilshusen is the Director of Information Technology at the Government Accountability Office.
One year since a GAO report that found a hike in protests to government contracts, Dr. Stan Sloane, president and CEO of SRA International, explained what's changed.
This week's three most important Federal news stories, as chosen by Agilex's Bob Otto, and Washington Post "Federal Eye" Ed O'Keefe.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , Bob Otto , Ed O'Keefe , Federal News Countdown , Shirley Sherrod , USDA , Tom Vilsack , Gulf Coast oil spill , OMB , Ted Kaufman , VA , Vivek Kundra , FDCCI , DoD , Asif Khan , ERP
A Government Accountability Office report said the Office of Personnel Management needs to do a better job of protecting private information when conducting background checks.
The protest by U.S. Aerospace and its partner, Ukrainian aircraft-maker Antonov has been denied.
Deputy Secretary Lute told the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee about how DHS is improving contracting processes. Acquisition is one of three major areas that the department is focusing on to bring integration across all 22 components. Lute said part of her goal is to get off the GAO high-risk list.
Tags: contracting , management , industry , Janet Holl Lute , Daniel Akaka , Cathleen Berrick , DHS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , acquisition processes , Quadrennial Homeland Security Review , financial management , management integration , Jason Miller
According to a GAO report, the Defense Department's finance systems are $6.9 billion over budget and 2 to twelve years behind schedule, NextGov reports.