Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: GAO
The Government Accountability Office sustained protests from two losing bidders under the Transformation and System Consolidation (TASC) program, say government and industry sources.
Sen. Collins asked GAO to study the current roles and responsibilities of these senior technology managers. This would be the third such study from GAO since 1996, but first since 2005. VA's CIO Roger Baker reiterates his call to give CIOs oversight and authority of their IT budget.
Tags: technology , management , Susan Collins , Roger Baker , Vivek Kundra , Valerie Melvin , OMB , VA , DHS , Interior , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , technology management , CIO's role , IT reform , Jason Miller
Congress is holding the government accountable for federal building ownership and leasing. Rep. Holmes Norton is asking GSA for access to excess building data.
Rep. Issa and other Republicans criticize the administration for not testifying on GAO report on duplicative programs. House Oversight and Government Reform Committee promises quarterly hearings on how agencies are chipping away at the widespread overlap.
Tags: management , Darrell Issa , Connie Mack , Elijah Cummings , Jeff Zients , Gene Dodaro , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , OMB , Tom Davis , Deloitte , overlapping programs , cost cutting , Jason Miller
The Government Accountability Office has released a list of seven major management challenges at Interior. The challenges range from land acquisition to information security.
Janet Saint Laurent, GAO's managing director for defense capabilities and management issues, shares details of some of the duplicate programs.
The Government Accountability Office released its first annual report required by Congress to examine overlap among federal programs. Auditors found agencies have redundant programs in everything from contracting to food safety to literacy education.
Last week the International Monetary Fund cautioned the government on spending. So how bad are federal finances? We ask GAO's Jeanette Franzel
The Defense Department's deputy chief financial officer said Friday that the department believes it will achieve the 2017 deadline to produce auditable financial statements. DoD is approaching the problem in way that makes clear that clean books are not only the responsibility of its accountants, he said.
Comptroller General Gene Dodaro discusses government management and projects on the high-risk list.