Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: GAO
Deputy Secretary Lute told the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee about how DHS is improving contracting processes. Acquisition is one of three major areas that the department is focusing on to bring integration across all 22 components. Lute said part of her goal is to get off the GAO high-risk list.
Tags: contracting , management , industry , Janet Holl Lute , Daniel Akaka , Cathleen Berrick , DHS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , acquisition processes , Quadrennial Homeland Security Review , financial management , management integration , Jason Miller
According to a GAO report, the Defense Department's finance systems are $6.9 billion over budget and 2 to twelve years behind schedule, NextGov reports.
A GAO study finds women accounted for 40 percent of managers in the U.S. workforce in 2007, New York Times reports.
The FAR Council issues a proposed rule to require agencies to justify the use of time-and-materials and labor hours contracts for commercial services. GAO found that agencies didn't understand the rules for buying certain types of services.
GAO has found inconsistent compliance with the three VA purchasing and tracking requirements, creating potential risks to veterans' safety. Details from GAO's Dr. Debra Draper.
Learn more from a GAO report on the efforts to harmonize information security policies
Senator Tom Carper of Delaware says the results from a new Government Accountability Office study are evidence that lawmakers should enact tougher rules to ensure the security of federal data -- like his bill -- Data Security and Breach Notification Act.
The federal agency in charge of worker safety is not protecting whistleblowers from employer retaliation, ProPublica reports.
How sure are you that the contractors you're working with at your agency are handling sensitive information in the way that they should - or that you expect they will? John Needham is the Director of Acquisition and Sourcing Issues at GAO.