Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: GAO
GAO officials told a House Homeland Security Committee on Wednesday that FPS has repeatedly failed to manage its contract workforce and should consider other approaches to protecting federal buildings. Rep. Bennie Thompson joins us with details.
Bill would make cybersecurity diplomatic priority, NSA on the Flash-Media Hunt, Senate stalls cyber commander to probe digital war
A recent report from the Government Accountability Office says additional cuts are needed.
WFED's Max Cacas reports.
Some ex-employees turn to cybercrime
GAO and others have shown that successful organizations use strategic workforce planning to help meet present and future mission requirements. GAO looked at Interior, EPA, and the Forest Service's approaches to workforce planning. As part of our week-long series, HReinvented, GAO's director of Natural Resources and Environment issues, Anu Mittal, tells us about what they found.
In the federal government, they wield spreadsheets, strive for "clean audit opinions", and are the first line of defense in accounting for the spending of taxpayer dollars. "They" are the top federal CFOs and financial managers, and yesterday, they met here in Washington to discuss their profession.
The White House has released a consolidated financial report for the entire government. But the Government Accountability Office says the information is, for the most part, flawed.
The Government Accountability Office has found widespread material weaknesses in internal control in the federal government's financial management.
A view of the President's recovery effort from the Government Accountability Office (GAO), the independent auditing arm of Congress.