Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Ft. Meade
Terry Dunlap, founding partner of Tactical Network Solutions talks about the services his company provides to protect your computer networks from hackers.
September 10, 2012
Tags: intel community , acquisition , contracting , offensive cyber tools , hackers , Black Hat , Defcon , Shmoocon , Terry Dunlap , Tactical Network Solutions , Howard County Tech Council , Amtower Off Center , Mark Amtower
Consultants Bill Howard and Bruce Jenkins join host Mark Amtower to talk about networking and how to market your company.
May 14, 2012
Raj Kuchadkar, Deputy Director of the Howard County BRAC Office and the Base Business Initiative (BBI) program joins host Mark Amtower to talk about the BBI program as it enters Phase 3.
October 31, 2011(Encore presentation November 7, 2011)
DISA survey finds more employees expect to make move to Ft. Meade in 2010. The number who say they will not go to new headquarters decreases significantly.
For military bases in the national capital region, forget the "closure" part of Base Realignment and Closure. The 2005 BRAC round means huge growth at bases around Washington, and along with it, a need for new infrastructure and creature comforts for the growing workforce.
Bert Rice, director of transformation at Ft. Meade, who says the construction is nearly complete. Now, as he tells Federal News Radio, it's time to focus on the "transportation challenge."
In the latest installment of BRAC Impact: A Federal News Radio and WTOP In-Depth Series, Jack Penkoske discusses about the telework option to help with the transportation challenges brought on by BRAC.
Moving into a new building has allowed DISA to revamp its technology infrastructure, including consolidating circuits, servers and paper records. The Joint Task Force, National Capital Region Medical is building a new network to carry health data and applications for three services to share. Both organizations say without BRAC, these changes would have taken longer to happen.
Tags: BRAC , BRAC Impact , DISA , Army , Jason Miller , technology , DoD , Henry Sienkiewicz , Chuck Chapdelaine , Joint Task Force National Capital Region Medical , Navy , Air Force , records management , IP network , health IT , data center consolidation
In a column for Federal News Radio, Ft. Meade Commander Col. Dan Thomas says, "By this fall, the official worker population of Fort Meade will have grown to more than 48,000. This is 13,000 more personnel than we had three years ago - you do the math: if BRAC growth is 5,400, who are all these other people?"