Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Freedom of Information Act
The Department of Housing and Urban Development and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency each put their respective Freedom of Information Act systems in a private-sector cloud. HUD said it's saving as much as 25 percent a year as compared to its in-house system. OCC said it's answering requests more quickly and effectively.
A judge has rejected a conservative group's attempt to obtain a former University of Virginia climate researcher's emails.
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee has given the Obama administration a C- for management under the Freedom of Information Act. Auditors based their grade on transparency work by 17 cabinet-level departments. Auditors evaluated how agencies track and make decisions about FOIA requests, but they did not examine whether agencies are meeting their legal responsibilities.
FOIA "the power cord that connects the American people to their government."
"Transparency" and "openness" have been two of the hallmarks of the Obama White House. But one year after the Inauguration, how is the administration doing in fulfilling the promise of a more open government? Surprising analysis from representatives of some Washington-based good government groups during a conference at the American University.
Tags: newsstand , Robynn Sturm , Lucy Dalglish , Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press , David Sobel , Electronic Frontier Foundation , Thomas Fitton , Judicial Watch , American University , Washington College of Law , Collaboration on Government Secrecy , Max Cacas
D.C. police records released Wednesday show Bill Gates, Jay-Z and other celebrities have received escorts similar to the one officers gave actor Charlie Sheen.