Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Freedom of Information Act
A judge has rejected a conservative group's attempt to obtain a former University of Virginia climate researcher's emails.
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee has given the Obama administration a C- for management under the Freedom of Information Act. Auditors based their grade on transparency work by 17 cabinet-level departments. Auditors evaluated how agencies track and make decisions about FOIA requests, but they did not examine whether agencies are meeting their legal responsibilities.
FOIA "the power cord that connects the American people to their government."
"Transparency" and "openness" have been two of the hallmarks of the Obama White House. But one year after the Inauguration, how is the administration doing in fulfilling the promise of a more open government? Surprising analysis from representatives of some Washington-based good government groups during a conference at the American University.
Tags: newsstand , Robynn Sturm , Lucy Dalglish , Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press , David Sobel , Electronic Frontier Foundation , Thomas Fitton , Judicial Watch , American University , Washington College of Law , Collaboration on Government Secrecy , Max Cacas
D.C. police records released Wednesday show Bill Gates, Jay-Z and other celebrities have received escorts similar to the one officers gave actor Charlie Sheen.