Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Frank Reeder
A group of former federal cybersecurity experts and professionals have made recommendations for improving federal cybersecurity guidance, such as the Office of Management and Budget's Circular A-130.
A group of experts released a white paper recommending changes to OMB Circular A-130. The suggestions center on continuous monitoring, the role of DHS in overseeing FISMA and the definitions of a major IT system and a national security system.
Bob Otto, executive vice president of advisory services for Agilex, and Frank Reeder, the president of the Reeder Group, count down the top federal news story of the week.
The group will create a white paper with recommendations this summer to modernize the 10-year-old policy. Among the areas they are looking at are continuous monitoring, cloud computing, shared services and the definition of a system. Updating A-130 will help agencies move from a 'checklist' mode to monitoring systems in real time for threats and vulnerabilities, said Frank Reeder, a former OMB official.
Tags: management , Circular A-130 , cybersecurity , Karen Evans , Dan Chenok , OMB , technology , NIST , DHS , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , national security systems , Jason Miller , Gail Stone , SSA , inspectors general
Frank Reeder, a principal at The Reeder Group and former OMB official, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss OMB's role in the ongoing budget process. Also, Robert Shea, a former OMB official with Grant Thornton, discussed the performance-management provisions of the 2013 budget request.
Trey Hodgkins, senior vice president for national security and procurement policy at TechAmerica, and Frank Reeder, the founder of The Reeder Group, count down the top federal news stories of the week.
My weekly countdown of the top Federal news stories of the week.
Tags: Federal News Countdown , contracting , management , pay and benefits , technology , best practices , cybersecurity , Web 2.0 , Gov 2.0 , government 2.0 , John Berry , Mark Amtower , Carol Bonosaro ,
SANS Institute's Alan Paller and The Reeder Group's Frank Reeder counts down the top federal stories of the week.
Your agency is hiring people to lock down its networks, but finding qualified professionals is getting harder.