Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Frank Baitman
A memo from federal CIO Steven VanRoekel requires agencies to begin accepting usernames and passwords from commercial companies such as Verisign or Google. This is the second time the government has tried to accept commercial credentials. Experts say this time agencies and industry are better prepared to be successful.
Tags: technology , OMB , NIH , SSA , GSA , Moira Mack , Judy Spencer , Steven Van Roekel , Randy Vanderhoof , smartcard alliance , identity management , open id standards , HSPD-12 , Jason Miller , CertiPath
Frank Baitman, the HHS chief information officer, said the agency will move its HR systems to a shared services provider in the coming year. He said HHS also will issue a solicitation for cloud services in 2013.
November 15, 2012
Frank Baitman, the CIO at the Department of Health and Human Services, said his agency applied lessons from this summer's Derecho as it prepared for the storm hitting the region this week. He said HHS tested and fixed server fail-over problems.
The Department of Health and Human Services taps Frank Baitman to be its new chief information officer. He comes to HHS from the Food and Drug Administration where he was an entrepreneur-in-residence.