Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Francis Rose
Dean Hunter, the deputy director of facilities, security and contracting at OPM, said the new emergency dismissal policy has earned plaudits from state and local emergency officials. The new policy, which was spurred by last winter's unexpected snowstorm includes a range of new dismissal options.
David Powner, the director of information technology management issues at the Government Accountability, told In Depth with Francis Rose the accuracy of data on the IT Dashboard, first launched in 2009, is improving.
Glenn San Giacomo, a senior vice president and business unit general manager at SAIC, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the ins and outs of successful supply chain management. SAIC was recently awarded a supply chain contract by the DLA to provide land and aircraft tires.
The bureau has said, because the investigation into the company's possible wrongdoings is ongoing it will not publish information on company. The company, which provides mobile-analytics software, faces a lawsuit alleging it violated federal wiretap laws because its services are intrusive and infringe on users privacy.
Attackers uploaded malware-laden copies of popular apps, such as Angry Birds. While Google removed the apps from its online store, more than 14,000 users downloaded them.
Martha Dorris, the deputy associate administrator of GSA's Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies, told In Depth with Francis Rose that Search.USA.gov doesn't compete with commercial search giants, such as Google. Instead, the site relies on the commercial search providers to get information seekers on government sites, where USASearch can act as a "traffic cop" directing them to the most high-value content.
The Navy is taking a different look at curing post-traumatic stress disorder. A doctor says he has developed an injection for the neck that can cure PTSD, Wired reports. Capt. Anita Hickey, the director of Integrative Pain Medicine at the Naval Medical Center in San Diego has received $100,000 to test Dr. Lipov's method.
Steve Kelman, a professor of public management at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government and former administrator at the Office of Federal Procurement Policy, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss how and why young feds are rising to the top so quickly.
Bill Woods, the director of acquisition and sourcing management issues at GAO, directed a team that reviewed seven defense companies and their internal audit processes. He joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the findings of the report.
Tom Trabucco, the Director of External Affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, discussed managing risk in the TSP on In Depth with Francis Rose. He said one of the strengths of the TSP is its diversity of investment options.