Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Francis Rose
Janet Kopenhaver, FEW's Washington representative, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss what her group is working on for its members in the federal workforce.
Brenda Sprague, the deputy assistant secretary for Passport Services at the State Department, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss a new pilot program allowing people to apply for passport cards online.
Symantec's Veritas Storage Foundation storage software was the cause of a shutdown of the Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application clinical data repository as identified by the Military Health System. About 9.7 million electronic records for active-duty and retired military personnel and their families are stored on AHLTA.
New guidance on public cloud computing puts the emphasis on the consumer in protecting privacy and security.
The Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments, the influential defense think tank, has called on the U.S. military to redraw the map of military bases scattered throughout the Middle East. Mark Gunzinger, a senior fellow at CSBA, and his colleague Chris Dougherty joined Pentagon Solutions with Francis Rose to discuss the report.
Larry Allen, the president of Allen Federal Business Partners, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss why he sees investment in FedBid as a dubious development.
Tom Shoop, editor-in-chief of Government Executive magazine, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss what federal employees can expect to hear in the State of the Union.
Steve Kelman, a professor of public management at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss contract terms and why vagueness may actually help.
David Hawkings, editor of the CQ Roll Call Daily Briefing, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the wave of announced congressional retirements this year and whether it will lead to a potential knowledge vacuum.