Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Francis Collins
On the Federal Drive show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Dr. Collins oversees the work of the largest supporter of biomedical research in the world, spanning the spectrum from basic to clinical research.
Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D.
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
National Institutes of Health Director Francis Collins and members of the House Energy and Commerce Committee subcommittee on Health shared concern about effects of potential sequestration on the agency, specifically in the area of funding grants.
Federal technology leaders unveiled an initiative to develop better ways of harnessing the rapidly growing volume of increasingly complicated data sets, known as big data. The push is led by a joint solicitation — from the National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Health — to develop the core technologies for reigning in big data. All told, six federal departments and agencies will take part in the program — committing more than $200 million in research-and-development investments.
August 19th, 2009
The new Director of the National Institutes of Health is in place he offered an outline of five themes of opportunity he sees at NIH.
The National Institutes of Health Director, Dr. Francis Collins, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to explain a partnership between the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, the National Institutes of Health and the Food and Drug Administration.
Tags: NIH , FDA , DARPA , biomedical research , national center for advancing translational scienc , Federal Drive , national center for advancing translational scienc , national center for advancing translational scienc
Scientific research does more than just save lives. The work also creates jobs. That, at least, is what the Obama Administration is banking on, as the President toured a lab at the National Institutes of Health, and heralded $5 billion dollars in government grants to fight cancer, autism, and heart disease.
How to you inspire young people to go into science? If you're the head of the NIH, you sing to them! NIH Director Francis Collins demonstrates.
NIH director Dr. Francis Collins testified before the House Committee on Energy and Commerce's Subcommittee on Health yesterday that the immediate future could be difficult because of poor economic conditions and stimulus funds running dry.