Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Forest Service
Cheryl Cook, USDA's CIO, said the Forest Service awarded a contract to AbilityOne for tier one helpdesk services. This is one of several enterprisewide services the agency is creating to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
The Forest Service is bracing for a bad wildfire season. Drought and warm weather are a recipe for disaster. But that's not the agency's only issue. Last year it ran out of money to fight fires. It's hampered by old equipment, and replacements seem hard to come by. Tom Harbour, the Forest Service's director of Fire and Aviation Management, told Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp what preventative measures the service is taking.
Only $50 million remain for the U.S. Forest Service to fight wildfires. The agency is diverting $600 million from timber, recreation and other areas to fill the gap. Sequestration forced cuts of 500 firefighters and 50 engines.
The U.S. Forest Service is demanding that states give back $17.9 million in federal subsidies, saying the taxpayer cash is subject to automatic spending cuts called "sequestration."
Doug Nash, the Forest Service's CIO, said he sees great promise in using a PC-on-a-stick to let employees securely connect back to the network, save data from the field and do work from anywhere. Forest Service will release a mobile strategy and architecture in the coming weeks.
February 21, 2013
Multiple current and former Forest Service employees say they've faced sexual harassment and physical assault while on the job, and some have lost their positions for speaking up. Now, they are fighting back by filing a class action EEOC complaint for unfair treatment. The Agriculture Department, the parent agency of the Forest Service, says it is tackling a history of discrimination with more training and accountability as part of a cultural transformation program.
Tags: USDA , Joe Leonard , Elaine Vercruysse , Debra Roth , Shaw Bransford & Roth , Jonel Wagoner , Alicia Dabney , Lesa Donnelly , USDA Coalition of Minority Employees , EEOC , civil rights , discrimination , Jolie Lee , workforce , exclusive
Export-Import Bank President Fred Hochberg explains why his agency had a banner year, with a record number of transactions in fiscal 2012. And a professor at the Wharton School describes how private insurance companies are making money off the National Flood Insurance Program — but taxpayers are likely to pick up the slack when claims surpass premiums.
President Obama told the Council on Jobs and Competitiveness Tuesday the administration would create performance metrics, track progress and adapt best practices for reducing the red tape for businesses.