Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Federal workforce
AFGE members marched on Capitol Hill to put a face on the federal workforce. They want to correct the misperception that government workers are to blame for the deficit and gridlock in Washington.
WFED's Max Cacas reports.
YGL is a professional organization of men and women employed by the Federal Government who are "young" in their service and/or "fresh" in their perspective.
Anyone now working for the Federal Government or who knows someone who is a fed likely has their own story of how long it took to get the job. In some cases, it can take up to a year for some high-security jobs. But does it really have to be that way? Federal News Radio's Max Cacas continues our week-long special series, "the Five Fallacies of Government". Today: "The federal hiring process must be slow and arduous."
Tags: series , fallacies , mngt , P&B , Senate Subcommittee on the Oversight of Government , federal workforce , Daniel Akaka , George Voinovich , John Berry , OPM , Jeffrey Zients , OMB , President Obama , Max Cacas , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
Is there a lovable loser in your federal family? Someone who needs a hug? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey has a simple, you-can't-lose quiz to make them feel better.