Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Federal employee retirement
Greg Stanford, director of government affairs for the Federal Managers Association, and Federal Times Senior Writer Sean Reilly will discuss furloughs, layoffs, and other issues affecting federal workers.
September 11, 2013
Tags: pay and benefits , budget battle , Congress , sequestration , furloughs , layoffs , health plans , pay freeze , Greg Stanford , Federal Managers Association , Sean Reilly , Federal Times , Mike Causey , Your Turn
The Office of Personnel Management now says it will continue to make retirement projections that forecast the potential number of retirees that leave government service each year.
Agency spokesman says past projections haven't held up well. The decision by OPM reverses years of projections that found federal employees were expected to retire in great numbers.