Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Federal building security
Congressman Dent sponsors legislation to test bringing security personnel in house at high security facilities. Bill also would increase oversight by the Federal Protective Service and create guard training standards.
Among other issues, the GAO finds Facility Security Committees have operated since 1995 without procedures that outline how they should operate or make decisions, or that establish accountability. Mark Goldstein, Director of Physical Infrastructure Issues at GAO has more details.
The Department of Homeland Security has been working for some time to bring together a set of security standards for all types of federal facilities.
The selection of a leader with a strong intelligence background to lead the TSA, according to a former chief of staff, is a continuation of mission, not a new direction for the agency.