Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Federal Security Spotlight
The role of the chief information officer continues to evolve under the Obama administration. Today's federal CIOs are expected not only to drive efficiency, transparency and strengthen information and network security, but also to implement the best technologies and practices to establish and maintain relationships with citizens.
CIOs face additional pressure from the conflicting objectives of their mission. Among them: How does one balance the demand for immediate, transparent access to information while maintaining security and privacy? How does one reduce IT spending while improving services? What is the role of the CIO within the agency and how does one operationalize it?
We'll ask today's panelists to share their views on how to meet these challenges as well as their priorities for the next year. We'll also ask them to share how they are meeting the demands of both the public and the Obama administration while serving as agents of change.
Tags: technology , Federal CIOs Drive High Performance in IT , CIO Panel , Accenture , Obama , CIO , transparency , IT , Tom Temin , Federal Drive , David M. Wennergren , DoD , Michael Duffy , Treasury , Robert J. Carey , Navy
Are the two linked? Federal Security Spotlight host Tom Temin explores this issue on this week's show.
Read about this and more in today's cybersecurity update.
WFED's Jason Miller has details; plus a preview of tomorrow's Federal Security Spotlight
WFED's Jason Miller has details; plus a preview of this week's Federal Security Spotlight program.
Hear a clip of tomorrow's Federal Security Spotlight.
Get a preview of this week's Federal Security Spotlight.
All that in today's cybersecurity update.
Federal Security Spotlight this week talks with Eugene Habiger, retired four-star Air Force general who commanded Strategic Command.
Feb. 18, 2010
FSS talks with Sean McGurk, director for control systems security in the National Programs and Protection Directorate at the Homeland Security Department.
Jan. 28, 2010