Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Federal Report
The 2014 buyout season is off and running, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. So what exactly does speculation about buyouts have in common with talk about pop star Justin Bieber?
Forget the Academy Awards, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. There is another awards event that honors the people who make the government work. People like you.
Do you know anybody in your office or agency who belongs to the secret KMA Club? It's an ancient and secretive society whose members can be aroused by sacred phrases, such as buyouts and early retirement, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
The early-out offer at the Social Security Administration is one of the first this year in government. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says it could open up the promotion pipeline for younger, mid-career employees and jump-start early retirement offers in other agencies too. So how are things in your office?
Now that sequestration is here, normally upbeat federal agencies are putting their worst foot forward, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. The mantra is unhappy days are here again. They are telling people what they won't be able to do for them, the services they will be missing and how things can only get worse.
A week after the bombings in Boston and the catastrophic explosion in Texas, key federal agencies have unveiled or are refining their plans to furlough tens of thousands of workers, including those who protect the country and those who collect the money to pay the bills, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. And this makes sense because...
When politicians created the sequestration monster, it may have seemed like a good idea at the time. But now that it's here, nobody wants to take credit for it, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. And politicians who insisted that the cuts be across-the-board are now demanding agencies exempt certain programs and people from furloughs.
Trick question, and you will never get the right answer. The question is this: How many days are there in the months of September, August and February? If you said anything other than 30 you lose, and it could impact your retirement benefit, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Timing is everything, especially when you retire. And whether you are planning to retire in a few months or 30 years from now, there is a magic date just for you, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Have you resolved to brain the next person who says "Is it cold enough for you?" Senior Correspondent Mike Causey wants to know: How are you holding up during our little ice age?