Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Federal Report
There is a new "Jaws 4" movie taking shape and federal and postal workers may play prominent roles as the primary bait. Check it out, if you dare, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
What do younger federal workers have in common with the Javan Rhino, the Hawaiian Monk Seal and the Giant Chinese Salamander? All of them are on the rare or endangered species list, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. But that may be about to change.
If you are working today — or even if you aren't — Senior Correspondent Mike Causey would like to hear from you. We'll protect your identity but we just want to know what you are up to on a federal holiday. But for reasons best not detailed here, if you do respond would you do it early in the day because Mike has a plan.
The Internal Revenue Service has decided to offer a limited number of buyouts to many of the same employees who were asked if they would take $25,000 to retire last year. Other agencies are also making plans for limited, quick-decision buyouts.
Reading about buyouts is as exciting and unrewarding as hearing about million-dollar lottery winners, unless you find out you may have one of the winning tickets, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
If you are a government worker you know first hand what PMS is, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. Now we've devised a test to see if maybe, just maybe, you know too much and have been in government too long. Check it out, if you dare.
More than 320,000 government jobs disappeared over the last two years and while that's a lot, it is relatively good news for people who work for IRS, Defense, the VA and other federal operations, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
That wave you see out there just could be the long-anticipated retirement tsunami, and if coupled with expanded buyout offers it could create the perfect storm, Senor Correspondent Mike Causey says. So, is your lifeboat ready?
What kind of people worked during the dead-zone period between Christmas and New Year's? their reasons and motives might surprise you, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
When they take the plunge into retirement, about half of all federal and postal workers do it in December or January, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. So is that a quirk of the calendar, or something else.