Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Federal Report
The combination of buyouts, a surge in baby boomer retirements and a hostile Congress may make this the worst year, maybe ever, to consider retiring, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Members of the SES are under attack from politicians, think tankers and the media for their lack of mobility — more than half have never changed jobs. To which Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says: Let's consider the source, as in look who's talking ...
Is there a silent and invisible quota system operating in your agency? If so, it could be costing some of the government's best and brightest money and hurt their future job opportunities, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Worried about another pay freeze next year? Thinking about retiring to get a cost of living adjustment? Timing is everything, and for some people its already too late, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
How would you like it if your Thrift Savings Plan withdrawals were tax-free? Well, get ready because the tax-free end-of-the-rainbow Roth option is coming to your optional retirement package, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
They say that everybody's got a price, so what's yours? What would it take for Uncle Sam to convince you to retire? Because you may be facing that decision soon, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Ever hear of a double-header brain drain? The government is losing two of its best to retirement this month. Odds are they've touched your life, whether you are in a federal agency or a foxhole 3,000 miles away, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Thanks to the two-year pay freeze and two years of higher health premiums many federal workers today are taking home less money than they were in 2010, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. Some alert feds are also curious as to whether Congress has plans to extend their pay freeze until 2013, 2014 or maybe even until 2015.
Congress hit future federal workers with a new higher pension tax. For current workers, there is no change but that could have been a warning shot across the bow, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Happy William Henry Harrison day. Actually this holiday, officially known as Washington's Birthday Holiday, has been hijacked by merchants hoping you might buy more if it honored more people. But Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says it'll always be GWs birthday to him, and Martha.