Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Federal Report
Could political gridlock save you up to $48,000 in retirement? It could if it blocks a politically explosive plan to trim future cost-of-living adjustments for retirees, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Proposals to make it much easier to discipline, demote or fire your career boss are rattling the top rank of the government, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
After years of suffering the slings and arrows of our fellow Americans, those of us who live and work in and around the Beltway can stand tall, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says: We are no longer the "Winter Weenie Capital" of the United States.
Would your life be better off if your top career boss had a little less job security? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey asks. Or would that put you between a political rock and a hard place?
Now that early-outs and buyouts are popping up in various agencies, the obvious question, for younger and older workers is: What's in it for me? Unlike the one-size fits all buyouts of the 1990s, the new version is tailor-made to individual groups, grades and regions, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Do you envy your colleagues who telework from home — no traffic, no hassle, even no clothes at times? Well, maybe you should consider what they are doing when you are permitted to stay home, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Suppose for the next 20 to 30 years, you have to spend 24/7 with your spouse or significant other. Can you handle it? Can he or she? With some planning it might not be too bad, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Senior Correspondent Mike Causey wants to know: Is 2014 going to be your up-or-out year? Are you looking at retirement or prepping for a promotion?
Remember the good old days when agencies were offering early retirement and $25,000 have-a-nice-life buyouts? Well, it appears that the combination of buyouts and early outs is another victim of climate change, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Does your federal retirement plan involve leaving at the earliest possible date, or having your funeral at the office? Whatever your plan -- retire or expire -- you are not alone, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.