Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Federal Report
Now that early-outs and buyouts are popping up in various agencies, the obvious question, for younger and older workers is: What's in it for me? Unlike the one-size fits all buyouts of the 1990s, the new version is tailor-made to individual groups, grades and regions, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Do you envy your colleagues who telework from home — no traffic, no hassle, even no clothes at times? Well, maybe you should consider what they are doing when you are permitted to stay home, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Suppose for the next 20 to 30 years, you have to spend 24/7 with your spouse or significant other. Can you handle it? Can he or she? With some planning it might not be too bad, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Senior Correspondent Mike Causey wants to know: Is 2014 going to be your up-or-out year? Are you looking at retirement or prepping for a promotion?
Remember the good old days when agencies were offering early retirement and $25,000 have-a-nice-life buyouts? Well, it appears that the combination of buyouts and early outs is another victim of climate change, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Does your federal retirement plan involve leaving at the earliest possible date, or having your funeral at the office? Whatever your plan -- retire or expire -- you are not alone, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
When it comes to career planning, do you have a target date for retirement, or are you going to work until you drop? One in three feds could retire now, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. So why aren't they?
The 2014 buyout season is off and running, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. So what exactly does speculation about buyouts have in common with talk about pop star Justin Bieber?
Forget the Academy Awards, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. There is another awards event that honors the people who make the government work. People like you.
Do you know anybody in your office or agency who belongs to the secret KMA Club? It's an ancient and secretive society whose members can be aroused by sacred phrases, such as buyouts and early retirement, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.