Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Federal Register
A proposed rule by the FAR Council would reduce the number of days contractors have to comment on a performance evaluation to 14 days from 30.
The Federal Acquisition Regulations Council said contracting officers no longer have worry about contract award dollar thresholds when setting aside acquisitions for disadvantaged women-owned businesses. This interim rule was one of 13 actions issued by the FAR Council today.
The Merit Systems Protection Board completed the first major rewrite of its regulations in more than 30 years. Susan Grundmann, the MSPB chairwoman, said the changes fall into four categories. The board is giving its users six weeks to transition to the new rules.
The rollout of the Roth option for the Thrift Savings Plan, which would allow federal employees to invest already-taxed income, has long been discussed in the federal pay-and-benefits world. That launch moved another step closer, with the planned publication Wednesday of draft regulations in the Federal Register. And TSP participants will soon have more information about what the plan will look like.
GSA sets the allowances for lodging, meals and other incidental expenses for federal employees who must travel for work. The standard per diem rate is $123 ($77 lodging, $46 meals and incidental expenses).
The Veterans Affairs Department wants to change the frequency of reverifying veteran-owned businesses from once a year to once every two years, according to an interim final rule published in the Federal Register.
The Small Business Administration has published proposed regulations in the Federal Register, clarifying how agencies should include small-business contractors in multiple-award contracts.
Initial set of protocols focus on interoperability. Other standards coming for cybersecurity and smart grid architecture.
The HIT Policy Committee and the HIT Standards Committee have been established.
The Daily Debrief gets analysis about the new Federal Register format, which some say will improve usability, accessibility and, perhaps most importantly, save the government money.