Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Federal Management Partners
Bill Bransford will host a round table discussion of how agencies are currently training their managers and employees.
September 7, 2012
Tags: workforce , Workforce training , management training , Bill Bransford , Lisa Sper , Carrie Blustin , American Society for Training and Development , Jeanette Archetto , CIO.gov , Social Security Administration , Fed Talk , management , Grant Thornton
Deciding how to communicate sensitive information to your organization is tricky. Tim Barnhart, president of Federal Management Partners, discusses how leaders should think about conversations or memos about potentially embarrassing subjects.
Agilex's Bob Otto and Federal Management Partners' John Salamone count down the top federal news stories of the week.
John Salamone, the former Executive Director of the federal Chief Human Capital Officer Council at OPM has a new job.
Erin Pitera is the VP of Federal Management Partners and describes how the Navy was able to bring on much sought-after acquisition professionals.
OPM reports a rise in teleworking from 2008 - 2009. The survey shows satisfaction among feds who do telework, but reveals barriers that are keeping others from doing so. One Congressman hopes the new law will turn interest in telework into practice.
Some Republican members of Congress are making an election-year pitch to reduce the Federal worker headcount, and save money. But would it really do that?
Tags: management , pay and benefits , House , Federal Workforce Reduction Act , John Salamone , Jackie Simon , AFGE , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , OMB , Barack Obama , outsourcing , insourcing , brain drain , retirement wave , Max Cacas