Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Federal Management Partners
Bill Bransford will host a round table discussion of how agencies are currently training their managers and employees.
September 7, 2012
Tags: workforce , Workforce training , management training , Bill Bransford , Lisa Sper , Carrie Blustin , American Society for Training and Development , Jeanette Archetto , CIO.gov , Social Security Administration , Fed Talk , management , Grant Thornton
Deciding how to communicate sensitive information to your organization is tricky. Tim Barnhart, president of Federal Management Partners, discusses how leaders should think about conversations or memos about potentially embarrassing subjects.
Agilex's Bob Otto and Federal Management Partners' John Salamone count down the top federal news stories of the week.
John Salamone, the former Executive Director of the federal Chief Human Capital Officer Council at OPM has a new job.
Erin Pitera is the VP of Federal Management Partners and describes how the Navy was able to bring on much sought-after acquisition professionals.
OPM reports a rise in teleworking from 2008 - 2009. The survey shows satisfaction among feds who do telework, but reveals barriers that are keeping others from doing so. One Congressman hopes the new law will turn interest in telework into practice.
Some Republican members of Congress are making an election-year pitch to reduce the Federal worker headcount, and save money. But would it really do that?
Tags: management , pay and benefits , House , Federal Workforce Reduction Act , John Salamone , Jackie Simon , AFGE , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , OMB , Barack Obama , outsourcing , insourcing , brain drain , retirement wave , Max Cacas