Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Federal Bridge
The White House is leading a new effort to secure online transactions across the federal, state and local governments and eventually in the private sector. The creation of the new document is being led by cybersecurity coordinator Howard Schmidt and includes DHS. It is one way the administration hopes to improve cybersecurity. OMB soon will release a new approach to measuring FISMA compliance.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , Howard Schmidt , Diane Watson , Tom Lockwood , OMB , White House Cybersecurity Coordinator , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , DHS , Defense , State , DoJ , Treasury , USPS , GPO , DEA , USPTO , FISMA , cybersecurity , National Strategy for Secure Online Transactions , PKI ,
The agency teams up with the SAFE BioPharma Association to digitally sign documents and improve the time it takes to get clinical trials going. NCI and the association are using the standards developed by the Federal Bridge. The two organizations are putting the concepts in the National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace (NSTIC) into practice.