Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Federal Acquisition Service
Tags: managment , House of Representatives , John Needham , Steve Kempf , Max Stier , Partnership for Pubic Service , Alan Chvotikin , Professional Services Council , Scott Amey , Project on Government Oversight , Steven Schooner , GW Law School , Tom Temin
The commissioner of the Federal Acquisition Service wants to take his organization to new heights in how it serves its agency and vendor customers. FAS saw its revenue grow to $52 billion in 2010, but Kempf wants to offer more services and meet its customers' needs better to increase its revenue. FAS will require all new schedule contract offers and modifications to be done electronically by the end of 2011.
GSA signs agreement with the Federal Acquisition Institute and the Defense Acquisition University to improve and standardize training for contracting officers and contracting specialists. The agency also signs an agreement to improve small business access to the schedules.
Tags: contracting , Houston Taylor , Ed O'Hare , GSA , Federal Acquisition Institute , Defense Acquisition University , Coalition for Government Procurement , acquisition workforce , Small business contracting , schedule contracts
An exclusive interview with one of the most widely-respected department heads. Known for often calling the U.S. "the greatest nation on earth," he was working his last day today after over 30 years as a fed when he paid us a visit.
Jim Williams leads the Federal Acquisition Service at the General Services Administration. He spoke with Jason Miller.
Will beefing up the acquisition workforce mean better, smarter buyers?
Improvements focused internally, externally