Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FedSpace
OMB detailed its plans for using the $8 million E-Government Fund in a letter to Sen. Tom Carper. The administration will shut down two projects and reduce the functionalities of the others.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , Tom Carper , OMB , GSA , E-Government Fund , open government , Data.gov , IT Dashboard , USASpending.gov , Performance.gov , Citizens Services Dashboard , Jason Miller
Some lucky Feds and contractors get to take the government's official social network out for spin.
Administrator Martha Johnson said changes in the way people work and the technology they have access to are major reasons why GSA will no longer guarantee a specific number of workers at the area telecenters. GSA remains committed to telework in other ways, including the launch of a new collaboration platform called FedSpace. It also awarded a contract to deploy telepresence at 15 offices around the country.
Intelligence community says developers should keep users' needs at the forefront of any project. Other key best practices are to think big, start small and scale fast. Intelligence employees say Web 2.0 tools slowly are being institutionalized across the community.
WFED's Jason Miller reports.
Some of the federal government's top web managers and producers are seeing some new, cutting edge tools.
Tags: In Depth , management , technology , best practices , Web 2.0 , Gov 2.0 , government 2.0 , Bev Godwin , GSA , Federal Center for New Media and Citizen Engagemen , 2010 Government Web and New Media Conference , Dan Munz , IdeaSpace , Section 508 , Open Government Initiative , Andrea Sigritz , terms of service , Facebook , Twitter , Tiffany Smith , State Department , Go.USA.gov , Gwynne Kostin , Max Cacas , #govnewmedia
The 2010 Government Web and New Media Conference continues today at the Renaissance Hotel in downtown, D.C. Some of the federal government's top web managers and producers are getting a look at some new, cutting edge tools now being developed for federal websites by a new unit of the General Services Administration.
Tags: newsstand , technology , GSA , Federal Center for New Media and Citizen Engagemen , 2010 Government Web and New Media Conference , Dan Munz , IdeaSpace , Section 508 , Open Government Initiative , Andrea Sigritz , terms of service , Facebook , Twitter , Tiffany Smith , State Department , Bev Godwin , Go.USA.gov , Gwynne Kostin , Max Cacas , #govnewmedia