Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FedBizopps.gov
The Defense Information Systems Agency said it doesn't expect the demand to be as great as initially thought as it developed a contract worth $450 million.
GSA also renews a contract to improve its human resources shared service provider effort. The Federal Acquisition Institute will hold an industry day in November to discuss two new solicitations.
The government is investigating allegations against Symplicity Corp. for allegedly accessing without permission the internal networks of two competitors in the education sector. Symplicity, which runs three governmentwide websites, denies any wrongdoing and calls the government's search warrant a one-sided justification for the investigation. Experts say the company could face suspension from new federal procurements.
Tags: contracting , industry , Symplicity Corp. , FBI , GSA , Bill Shook , John Irving , Holland and Knight , Mazient , Pave Systems , Michael French , Ghasson Nino , Adam Hark , Ariel Friedler , cybersecurity , Jason Miller
OMB asks agencies to come up with $6 million to upgrade current system
Special notice details requirements for software-as-a-service. Solicitation may be forthcoming.
HUD will be first agency to return to using the portal for Recovery Act grant opportunities. HHS says technology upgrades should last for two years.
Latest problems add to ongoing challenges to site. GAO also issues new report detailing governance issues.
Agency releases sources sought notice for possible $30 million contract.
Guy Timberlake, chief visionary officer of the American Small Business Coalition joins host Markt Amtower to talk about the organization, and how it helps companies that want to do business with the government.
May 30, 2011 (Encore presentation June 6, 2011)
Tags: contracting , Small business contracting , American Small Business Coalition , Guy Timberlake , micropurchase program , SBA NAIC , Federal Procurement Data System , USASpending.gov , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center
HHS upgraded the portal and it is now ready to handle the large number of applications. OMB had moved 10 of the largest grant making agencies away from the portal last spring because of concerns the system could not handle the influx of applications from the Recovery Act.