Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FedBid
Joe Jordan, the administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy, is leaving the administration Friday after working five years in assorted senior contracting manager positions. He said agencies are using strategic sourcing, reducing spending and receiving more competition.
Joe Jordan will become the president of the public sector at FedBid. He's leaving OFPP after 18 months.
As the use of reverse auctions continues to rise, the Government Accountability Office says agencies need more clear cut guidance to realize a maximum amount of savings.
Tags: GAO , OMB , OFPP , reverse auctions , acquisition , Contracting officers , contracts , Army , DHS , VA , DOI , FAR , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Commitee , Tom Carper , small businesses , Ellen Kortesoja
The Veterans Affairs Department's decision comes as lawmakers are putting this acquisition concept under more scrutiny. House Veterans Affairs and Small Business Committee lawmakers question whether agencies are getting the best prices and whether they are sacrificing competition. GAO, other experts say OFPP needs to develop a governmentwide policy for reverse auctions.
Tags: contracting , industry , GAO , Michele Mackin , OFPP , Richard Hanna , House Small Business Committee , House Veterans Affairs Committee , VA , Jan Frye , Bill Sisk , GSA , SBA , Major Clark , reverse auctions , Congress , Jason Miller
Larry Allen of Allen Federal joins host Mark Amtower to talk about changes in government procurement.
June 11, 2012(Encore presentation June 25, 2012)
Larry Allen, the president of Allen Federal Business Partners, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss why he sees investment in FedBid as a dubious development.