Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Fairfax County School Board
The Supreme Court of Virginia has upheld the decision by the Fairfax County School Board to close Clifton Elementary School.
With mounting complaints from parents and school boards taking too long to hold disciplinary hearings, there's a new push to change Virginia's so-called "zero tolerance" disciplinary code.
Parents don't dispute that their children should be punished for school infractions, but some say the current rules for drugs are "archaic."
The Fairfax County school system went on trial Wednesday after being accused of violating the state's open meetings law and the public's right to know.
As the Fairfax County School Board looks to its 2012 budget, teachers and their unions are considering ways to force change to the system they deem essential.
Now that a Fairfax County judge has ruled the Fairfax County school board decision to close Clifton Elementary School is not "arbitrary and capricious," the future of the school could be decided by Virginia's highest court.