Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Facebook
2010 was the year the movie world and Facebook became forever intertwined with David Fincher's Oscar-winning "The Social Network." Now, 2011 will see the first Hollywood studio offer movies directly on Facebook.
Users should be careful when accepting those friend requests. Some of them might want to be "friends" for a cost.
Dave Ross, commentator
Facebook is moving the boundaries of privacy again, with plans to give third-party developers permission to ask social network users for their home addresses and phone numbers.
A study out of a Scottish university indicates Facebook, the social media site designed to reconnect with old friends and make new ones, may be stressing users out.
The Air Force wants to create a whole unit of non-existent identities on social media sites.
How often do you post to Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites?
J.J. Green, WTOP's national security correspondent
A form of cyberbullying has become popular with teens in the WTOP listening area and law enforcement officers are taking action.
The federal government is no stranger to Facebook, Twitter, blogs and even photo-sharing sites like Flickr. Using those tools effectively is the subject of the Federal News Radio Discussion: Shouting from the Rooftops.
Tags: Federal Drive , panel discussion , social media , Twitter , Jennifer Gustetic , Phase One Consulting Group , Sheila Campbell , GSA , Haley Van Dyck , FCC , technology , management , Suzanne Kubota