Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FY 2012 budget
What are the risks and rewards in the FY 2012 budget for Defense? We get a sense of it from Todd Harrison, with the Center of Strategic and Budgetary Assessments.
On this week's show, host Mike Causey talks with the Federal Times about fast-changing federal issues including the continuing resolution, the FY 2012 budget and the pay freeze proposals on the Hill.
February 9, 2011
Congress must pass another funding measure to keep the government operating past March 4. House Republicans are calling for big cuts to current spending levels. This as President Obama gets set to release his 2012 budget request February 14. We get the latest from the Hill's Erik Wasson.
The budget cut being imposed on federal agencies won't impact all of them the same way. Some may freeze hiring, most will cut travel and training first. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says this isn't the end of civilization as we know it but it could be a kick in the slats for the prosperous Washington metro area.