Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FTC
More agencies are recognizing the growing importance of keeping data private after recent information leaks and cyber breaches. The Federal Trade Commission is among the agencies at the head of the pack and is relying on best practices.
Dennis Papula, director for management and strategy in the General Services Administration's Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies, becomes the fifth senior executive to leave in the last week. He is moving to the Federal Trade Commission.
Rep. John Mica (R-Fla.), chairman of the House Oversight's Subcommittee on Government Operations, said the Federal Trade Commission and the General Services Administration are "thwarting" his proposal to force the FTC to relocate out of its historic headquarters building and into leased space in Southwest Washington, D.C.
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: Barry West returns, two CIOs leaving, Einstein cyber initiative faces delay
Barry West is returning for his fourth gig as a CIO, and three other key technology officials are leaving. Two congressmen want to pressure contractors to pay back taxes.
Tags: technology , Barry West , Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation , Jeff Huskey , Jill Singer , National Reconnaissance Office , Keith Thurston , GSA , Scott Quehl , Commerce , Jason Chaffetz , Jackie Speier , cybersecurity , E3A , DHS , Janet Napolitano , people , industry , Jason Miller
The four sitting commissioners of the Federal Trade Commission have "grave concerns" about a House committee's plan to relocate the agency out of its historic Pennsylvania Ave. location into a privately held building in Southwest, Washington D.C. Eileen Harrington, FTC's executive director, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss a plan in Congress that would require the FTC to relocate to make room for the National Gallery of Art.
The FTC is teaming with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to coordinate and protect consumers.
Amanda Koulousias, a staff attorney in the Division of Privacy and Identity Protection at the Federal Trade Commission, spoke to The Federal Drive with Tom Temin about a recent workshop addressing those concerns.