Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FSIO
The Office of Management and Budget decided FSIO met its goals of creating business process and data standards for the Financial Management Line of Business, and finished its last update of the Core Financial Systems Requirements and therefore is no longer needed.
FSIO will cease operations as of March 31. OMB controller Werfel says the organization will issue its final set of requirements and business processes by the end of the month too.
In the federal government, they wield spreadsheets, strive for "clean audit opinions", and are the first line of defense in accounting for the spending of taxpayer dollars. "They" are the top federal CFOs and financial managers, and yesterday, they met here in Washington to discuss their profession.