Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FPS
A new report from the Government Accountability Office fueled a House subcommittee hearing that revealed security concerns regarding the training and certification of contract guards employed by the Federal Protective Service.
WFED's Max Cacas has more.
Wendell Shingler of the Adfero Group discusses improving the FPS's ability to protect 9,000 federal buildings.
Among other issues, the GAO finds Facility Security Committees have operated since 1995 without procedures that outline how they should operate or make decisions, or that establish accountability. Mark Goldstein, Director of Physical Infrastructure Issues at GAO has more details.
In light of the shootings in Arizona, Federal News Radio wants to know how safe feds feel at their workplace.
Eric Patterson, director of the Federal Protective Service, said at a recent hearing that reworking the agency's current reform programs will help to improve past issues of training, communication and security.
Tags: security , hiring , DHS , SECURE Facilities Act , ramp , House Homeland Security Committee , facility security , federal buildings , Eric Patterson , Mark Goldstein , training , management , Courtney Thompson
Are changes coming to the federal protective service? We'll hear from Mississippi representative Bennie Thompson who says that change MUST happen, and soon.
All federal buildings owned or managed by GSA will have their walls adorned with posters and signs with a message from DHS. We get details from GSA's Larry Melton.