Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FOSE
The Mark Center soon will require employees to provide a fingerprint or iris scan along with the CAC card to enter the facility. The Pentagon is next to implement biometric factors for physical access control. The Army also is looking at where biometrics could impact mission and business functions.
The Insider Threat Task Force expects to submit its national plan to the White House in the next few months. The Defense Department will use its secure identity cards to stop unauthorized access to data and systems.
Tags: technology , management , ODNI , FBI , Gordon Snow , John Swift , Rob Carey , DoD , Diana Braun , Insider Threat Task Force , White House , HSPD 12 , secure identity card , identity management , PKI , information sharing , WikiLeaks , insider threat , Jason Miller
Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel wants agencies to cut spending and invest in new capabilities at the same time. Savings from outdated or inefficient IT projects can be plowed into new innovations, he said.
Avue Technologies Co-CEO Linda Rix will give us an update on federal hiring and how her company is helping those who want to work for the government.
March 9, 2012
WFED's Max Cacas reports.
Policy change also helps change behavior
System integration, bandwidth providing separate challenges
Host John Gilroy gets the 411 from the 1105 Government Information Group.
March 16, 2010