Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FOIA
George Washington University's National Security Archive "awarded the Justice Department the award for 2011 last month for its response to Freedom of Information Act requests and the FOIA policies and guidance that it sets for the rest of government. Nate Jones, the FOIA Coordinator at George Washington University's National Security Archive, joined Francis Rose to discuss the dubious honor and government openness.
The Obama administration urged Congress on Tuesday to keep secret a whole new category of information even under the Freedom of Information Act.
The Senate is looking for balance between protecting networks and creating open government.
Attorney General Eric Holder says the Justice Department will begin posting monthly lists of Freedom of Information Act requests to the department's three highest offices.
The Department of Justice has decreased its backlog of Freedom of Information Act requests and processed a record number of requests.
A group dedicated to reducing government secrecy gave its annual worst performance award Tuesday to the Justice Department.
National Archives and Records Administration recently launched the OGIS Access System to streamline and increase transparency of the FOIA process.
Department is calling for better internal communication to ensure records managers are on the same page. VA will offer credit monitoring to more than 2,000 veterans.
Federal employees who respond to Freedom of Information Act requests got their first look today at a new web portal designed to improve efficiency and transparency. The Environmental Protection Agency, the Commerce Department and the National Archives and Records Administration are basing the portal on Regulations.gov.
The Electronic Privacy Information Center is suing the Homeland Security Department and the National Security Agency. In both cases, EPIC is unhappy with how the government responded to its Freedom of Information Act requests.