Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FLITE
Agency CIO Roger Baker tells a House oversight committee that VA avoided spending $54 million on the 45 projects stopped in July. The money now will be used on other high priority programs. The Veterans Affairs Committee also wants to increase agency IG funding by $50 million.
Tags: mngt , technology , Roger Baker , Richard Griffin , Stephen Buyer , Harry Mitchell , David Roe , Brian Billbray , VA , House Veterans Affairs Committee , IT project management , PMAS , inspector general , cybersecurity
VA, SBA, EPA and HUD are the first to go through the review process and see dramatic changes. OMB controller Werfel said the goal for each agency is to invest only in top priorities, saving $1 billion a year by eliminating or reducing the size of agency modernization projects.
Tags: technology , management , Danny Werfel , Jeff Zients , Doug Criscitello , Roger Baker , OMB , VA , SBA , HUD , EPA , financial systems modernization , IT Dashboard , financial systems advisory board , Jason Miller
WFED's Max Cacas reports.
The Department of Veterans Affairs has decided to scrap large portions of its $400 million FLITE financial management modernization program.