Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FLITE
Agency CIO Roger Baker tells a House oversight committee that VA avoided spending $54 million on the 45 projects stopped in July. The money now will be used on other high priority programs. The Veterans Affairs Committee also wants to increase agency IG funding by $50 million.
Tags: mngt , technology , Roger Baker , Richard Griffin , Stephen Buyer , Harry Mitchell , David Roe , Brian Billbray , VA , House Veterans Affairs Committee , IT project management , PMAS , inspector general , cybersecurity
VA, SBA, EPA and HUD are the first to go through the review process and see dramatic changes. OMB controller Werfel said the goal for each agency is to invest only in top priorities, saving $1 billion a year by eliminating or reducing the size of agency modernization projects.
Tags: technology , management , Danny Werfel , Jeff Zients , Doug Criscitello , Roger Baker , OMB , VA , SBA , HUD , EPA , financial systems modernization , IT Dashboard , financial systems advisory board , Jason Miller
WFED's Max Cacas reports.
The Department of Veterans Affairs has decided to scrap large portions of its $400 million FLITE financial management modernization program.