Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FLEOA
A top House overseer of federal law enforcement thinks that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) should be dissolved.
A bipartisan House bill would reform federal tax law so that federal law-enforcement officers and firefighters can access funds from their 401(k)-style Thrift Savings Plans when they're eligible to retire without facing a penalty. Jon Adler, national president of the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association, called the current situation "one of those glaring inequities that needed to be addressed and fixed."
Jenny Mattingley hosts a roundtable discussion of National Police Week 2014, which is being held in Washington D.C. from May 11th through the 17th.
May 9, 2014
Tags: workforce , National Police Week 2014 , Jenny Mattingley , Steve Groeninger , Herb Giobbi , National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund , Jon Adler , Sara Slone , Concerns of Police Survivors , Fed Talk , Shaw Bransford and Roth , law enforcement
FLEOA president Jon Adler joins FEDS president Anthony Vergnetti to talk about some of the issues currently affecting federal law enforcement officers.
February 7, 2014
Host Bill Bransford hosts a roundtable discussion of a recent report on law enforcement officer fatality rates.
January 11, 2013
Tags: workforce , Bill Bransford , Craig Floyd , Kristen Mahoney , James Burch , Office of Justice Programs , Department of Justice , Federal Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund , law enforcement officer fatality rates , Fed Talk
Jon Adler, president of the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association, and Tony Vergnetti, president of Federal Employee Defense Services will update us on recent legislative work during lame duck session.
November 2, 2012
Tags: workforce , Jon Adler , Tony Vergnetti , Federal Employee Defense Services , Debra Roth , The Officer Safety Act , James Zadroga , 9/11 health and compensation act , Electronic Communications Privacy Act , Shaw Bransford and Roth , Fed Talk
Chris Schoppmeyer, vice president for Agency Affairs at the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association will talk about legislation pending in Congress that affects members of his organization.
July 6, 2012
Rather than create two new agencies to tackle counterfeit merchandise and crack financial crimes, Jonathan Adler, president of the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association, says existing agencies can do the work with additional funding.
The warning comes a week after the failed negotiations by the deficit reduction supercommittee. Without a deal, automatic across-the-board cuts of $1.2 trillion are set to begin in January 2013.
This week on FEDtalk, host Debra Roth is joined by Jon Adler, President of the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association, to hear about their annual meeting and current legislative efforts on the Hill.