Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FISMA
Mischel Kwon, Vice President of Public Sector Security Solutions at RSA, talks about making FISMA count.
The Homeland Security Department has issued new cyber security guidance for agencies.
Two good pieces of news for Microsoft on the cloud computing front. Microsoft has received its FISMA certification. Microsoft CTO Susie Adams said in a company blog post, “Adding FISMA to our existing list of accreditations provides even greater transparency into our security processes and further reinforces our commitment to providing secure cloud computing options [...]
nCircle, a security and compliance auditing provider, conducted a survey that yielded an increase in the number of agencies considering switching to cloud security, but found that cost may override other security concerns.
House lawmakers want to add the requirement for a White House official to oversee cybersecurty policy and budget across civilian agencies. Rep. Langevin said the current set up with DHS in charge of civilian networks isn't good enough. Members also want more attention paid to the security of the supply chain.
Tags: technology , management , Howard Schmidt , Greg Schaffer , Jim Langevin , Jason Chaffetz , Elijah Cummings , DHS , White House , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , cybersecurity , supply chain security , Jason Miller
DHS, private research groups launch new tools to help agencies and industry close cybersecurity holes. DHS officials liken a rating system to the Energy Star labels that indicate how efficient appliances are.
The White House cybersecurity advisor said many of his office's initiatives are in the operational stages and are making a difference. But some in industry and government say there is a vacuum in leadership from his office and OMB. Howard Schmidt says it's clear what role his office, OMB and DHS play.
The argument is over Google's Apps for Government. Google says they're FISMA certified. But Microsoft has released some court documents to refute that.
Federal News Radio viewed a copy of the proposal that would codify DHS's role in overseeing civilian agency networks. The draft legislation would expand DHS's authorities to those that are similar to what DoD already has around cyber. It also would include new roles around acquisition, personnel and FISMA implementation.