Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FISMA
The House Cybersecurity Caucus says new provisions "will establish strong, centralized oversight to protect our nation's critical information infrastructure and update our comprehensive policy for operating in cyberspace." But will they? We ask Jim Lewis with CSIS
Data security threats continue to increase in number and sophistication. We learn more about 'Building an Architecture of Trust' from Don Proctor, senior vice president for cyber security at Cisco.
House passes Defense Authorization Bill. Learn more in our cybersecurity update.
Former e-gov administrators Karen Evans and Mark Forman give their insight as to how federal cybersecurity management is changing now that President Obama's 60 Day Cyber Security Review is over a year old. Is FISMA a thing of the past? Find out by reading more.
NASA's cyberfocus shifts to real time. We get details from deputy CIO Jerry Davis.
DHS is leading the effort to rework cybersecurity metrics around patch, configuration, vulnerability and inventory management. Justice plans to host an industry day in June to tell vendors how cyberscope works. NIST will issue new cyber publications and GSA plans on new RFP for situational awareness and incident response tools.
Tags: technology , Matt Coose , Marianne Swanson , DHS , Justice , GSA , NIST , OMB , cybersecurity , Cyberscope , SmartBUY , situational awareness and incident response tools , Management of Change , Jason Miller
GovExec's Tom Shoop brings us analysis of why NASA's deputy CIO has told his employees that FISMA compliance isn't the be-all, end-all of IT security.
Committee passes information security act
NASA sidesteps flaws in FISMA, Microsoft to give feds early warning on security
Reps. Langevin and McCaul introduce legislation that takes into account many of the recommendations of the Commission on Cybersecurity for the 44th President. The White House cyber office would have full policy and budget authority over all civilian agencies.