Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FERS flu
Is the current congressional debate over sick leave making you sick? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says some people think the use-it-or-lose it system should be dropped while others say sick leave is for sick leave. And you say...?
The good news is that Congress has given federal workers a major financial incentive to save their sick leave. But Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says the bad news is that a full cure for the so-called FERS flu is still years away.
Did you hear the rumor about immediate retirement on full benefits for feds in Alaska and Hawaii? Or that the FERS flu sick leave problem will be solved by December? Well, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says it's time to put some wild rumors to bed and he's called in an expert.
Millions of current and former federal workers will benefit from the benefit changes effective with the new Defense Authorization Act, but many millions more will be left out in the cold because they left government before the bill became law. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey has the numbers.
Are you delighted with all the new perqs Congress has approved or are you upset that they didn't do more or go further? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey has devised a simple test to find out how you are coping with all the good/bad stuff that's happening to you.
The Defense Authorization Act the President will sign today has something for everybody in government, as well as many former feds and retirees. Check out Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's column for a top-to-bottom what's-in-it-for-you review.
The good news is that Congress has given federal workers a major financial incentive to save their sick leave. But, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey say the bad news is that a full cure for the so-called FERS flu is still years away...
With recession, pay cuts and growing unemployment times look tough but Mike Causey says that for federal workers 2009 may be the best year of their career.