Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FERS
Despite repeated warnings about a brain drain that will cripple government, Uncle Sam continues to keep on keeping on. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says, thanks to you, he thinks he knows what turned the tidal wave into a trickle.
Tags: Federal Managers Association ,
Thanks to health care advances, retirees are living longer, healthier lives and retirement choices are limited by the ability to pay for them. Art Stein has some helpful advice.
Losing the "use-it or lose-it" sick leave mindset.
Although most federal and postal unions supported President Barack Obama in the 2008 election, they are now asking Congress to protect them from a White House proposal to permanently trim take home pay, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
A House subcommittee markup of a bill to address the Postal Service's financial problems broke down along partisan lines. Democrats accused Republicans of using this legislation to weaken labor provisions. Republicans said Democrats would prefer bailing out the agency rather than making it sustainable. The bill now goes to the full House Oversight and Governmental Reforms Committee.
The plan to require feds to pay more for their pensions is a blow to your take-home pay, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says, but it could have been — and may yet be — a lot worse.
Ed Zurndorfer, a registered employee-benefit consultant, joined the Federal Drive with tips for how federal employees can take control of their retirement.
More federal agencies are offering their employees money to quit. Federal News Radio spoke with certified financial planner Arthur Stein about the factors you should consider when thinking about a buyout.