Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FERS
Are you under the CSRS retirement plan or the FERS program that replaced it or, like a growing number of feds, have you moved into the WUD system. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says it's the fastest growing pension plan in the nation.
If you read yesterday's column you know there is a slim chance you might have been placed in the wrong federal retirement system. If so, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey has a way to make things right for yourself.
Remember the Abbott & Costello baseball routine about "Who's on First?" Well Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says there is a federal version. He calls it "Who's on FERS". It's about workers who are placed in the wrong retirement system. Could you be one of them?
What's has 8 million legs, is worth $250 billion dollars and is considered the biggest and best thing of its kind? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says that's one way to describe your Thrift Savings Plan which is going to get bigger and better.
Is your federal retirement program the bull's eye in a bigger target? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says January is traditionally the time when wild rumors circulate. Mostly nothing happens but this time, he says, keep one eye open... just in case.
January always means some new numbers for members of the federal family. Today Senior Correspondent Mike Causey talks about two of the most important numbers you need to know.
Join Mike for an hour-long conversation with Randy Erwin, the legislative director of the National Federation of Federal Employees. They'll talk about the phase-in of the Defense Authorization Act. They'll also tackle some internet myths that are circulating about what the changes will and won't do.
Do the new benefits approved for FERS employees give them a better deal than their older colleagues under the CSRS retirement plan? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey asked readers and he got an earful.
The Defense Authorization bill could mean big changes for federal workers. The bill includes a cure for the FERS Flu, fix for the Dual Compensation Act and the end of NSPS.
With recession, pay cuts and growing unemployment times look tough but Mike Causey says that for federal workers 2009 may be the best year of their career.