Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FERS
When Congress passed the Tobacco bill, many federal and postal workers and retirees got short-changed because it moved so quickly. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says they have a fighting chance to recoup some of those losses in the pending Defense Authorization battle between the House and Senate.
Most people look forward to retiring but a lot of people don't like the idea of going cold turkey. For them the option to phase out on a part-time basis would be ideal. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says it may happen.
Are you working longer than you intended? Is your retirement date moving further into the future? How much do you know about the demographics of retirement. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey has a fiendishly clever quiz you should take.
In some federal offices, you will likely attend as many funerals as going away parties over the next couple of years. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says that despite predictions of a brain-drain, retirements are actually down.
Provision was attached to Disabled Military Retiree Relief Act of 2009.
Your government job is looking better all the time, especially to outsiders and most especially for people who left Uncle Sam for what they thought would be more pay and excitement. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says a lot of them are having second thoughts.