Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FERC
About 3,400 customers in the Washington region are without power amid a heat wave. Among them, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and ATF, prompting them to close for the day. Employees are encouraged to telework as possible.
The House is preparing to once again take up legislation that would grant the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission new authority to order private electrical grid operators to take emergency action in the event of a cyber attack or a new vulnerability. The power would extend to bulk electric systems and parts of the grid that supply electricity to Defense infrastructure that is critical to national security.
Tags: Congress , technology , cybersecurity , DoD , critical infrastructure , National Electric Reliability Corporation , White House , Energy and Commerce Committee , Paul Stockton , Joseph McClelland , Franklin Kramer , Stuxnet , Barry Lawson , National Rural Electric Cooperative Association , Jared Serbu
There are some concerns about which agency has cybersecurity oversight of state-jurisdictional electric lines. NERC's Gerry Cauley explains what they are, and what he thinks should be done.
A draft US Senate committee bill that would give the US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission limited cybersecurity oversight of state-jurisdictional electric distribution lines has been met with concerns.
Even in a year in which the Stuxnet attack targeted critical infrastructure systems and attacks on grid operators rose dramatically, operators of critical infrastructure around the world took few steps to increase their cyber defenses, a new report found.
Tags: technology , management , cybersecurity , critical infrastructure , Stuxnet , McAfee , Center for Strategic and International Studies , DHS , White House , Michael Peters , Stewart Baker , Jared Serbu , Cybersecurity Update
New vice chairman of the CIO Council Richard Spires said he wants small and large agencies to learn from each other when it comes to implementing IT reforms. Small agencies have a different type of challenge than larger ones in implementing OMB's 25-point plan.
NIST says it's identified five "foundational" sets of standards for Smart Grid interoperability and cyber security that are ready for consideration by federal and state energy regulators. Details from NIST's George Arnold
Resilience, robustness more important than deterrence, experts say
Tags: Scott Borg , House Energy and Commerce subcommittee on energy a , cybersecurity and science and technology , House Homeland Security subcommittee on emerging t , Idaho National Laboratory , NERC , DHS , technology , Rep. Jim Langevin , U.S. Cyber Consequences Unit , Infrastructure Partnership Advisory Council , cybersecurity , JM