Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FERC
A draft US Senate committee bill that would give the US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission limited cybersecurity oversight of state-jurisdictional electric distribution lines has been met with concerns.
Even in a year in which the Stuxnet attack targeted critical infrastructure systems and attacks on grid operators rose dramatically, operators of critical infrastructure around the world took few steps to increase their cyber defenses, a new report found.
Tags: technology , management , Cybersecurity , critical infrastructure , Stuxnet , McAfee , Center for Strategic and International Studies , DHS , White House , Michael Peters , Stewart Baker , Jared Serbu , Cybersecurity Update
New vice chairman of the CIO Council Richard Spires said he wants small and large agencies to learn from each other when it comes to implementing IT reforms. Small agencies have a different type of challenge than larger ones in implementing OMB's 25-point plan.
NIST says it's identified five "foundational" sets of standards for Smart Grid interoperability and cyber security that are ready for consideration by federal and state energy regulators. Details from NIST's George Arnold
Resilience, robustness more important than deterrence, experts say
Tags: Scott Borg , House Energy and Commerce subcommittee on energy a , cybersecurity and science and technology , House Homeland Security subcommittee on emerging t , Idaho National Laboratory , NERC , DHS , technology , Rep. Jim Langevin , U.S. Cyber Consequences Unit , Infrastructure Partnership Advisory Council , Cybersecurity , JM