Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FERC
May 22nd at 12pm
Program will discuss Key Initiatives Around "Cloud Computing" in Government, Key Benefits Associated with Cloud Computing, Barriers or Contraints to still overcome, How to Address Security Concerns in a Cloud Computing Strategy, Private vs Public Clouds, A Future Vision for the next 1-2 Years in Cloud Computing
Jerry Grochow, a research affiliate at the MIT Energy Initiative and the former vice president for Information Services and Technology at MIT, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss how the federal government could reset its cyber priorities for the electric grid.
Sanjay Sardar, FERC's CIO, joined to discuss the agency's FISMA stance.
Sanjay Sardar's job as deputy chief information officer at FERC has many of the same responsibilities as other technology managers across government. But he also adds another leg to his job's stool.
February 10, 2011
FERC also would receive increased oversight authorities to mandate utility companies fix cyber vulnerabilities in their infrastructure.
Resilience, robustness more important than deterrence, experts say
Tags: JM , DHS , Cybersecurity , technology , Scott Borg , House Energy and Commerce subcommittee on energy a , cybersecurity and science and technology , House Homeland Security subcommittee on emerging t , Idaho National Laboratory , NERC , Rep. Jim Langevin , U.S. Cyber Consequences Unit , Infrastructure Partnership Advisory Council
We caught up with Commissioner Philip Moeller at a recent conference. He described how the smart grid initiative is affecting FERC and the kind of expertise it needs.
NIST cloud guidelines address security, privacy concerns We told you last week about the two draft cloud documents NIST published. This week, Federal News Radio spoke with NIST computer scientists Lee Badger and Tim Grance about those docs. Federal News Radio host Chris Dorobek also discussed how agencies can take advantage of the costs and [...]
DC power outage leaves teleworkers flying the COOP.
PEPCO's underground power network has failed again. Power was restored briefly last night. Then failed. Affected agencies will each make their own call on whether to open to this morning.