Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FEMA
A new Inspector General audit finds FEMA failed to resolve some ongoing weaknesses. Inspectors also found a host of new vulnerabilities around cybersecurity and data backup.
Will teach children and their families how to prepare for all types of hazards or emergencies.
Find links to all of their resources.
Federal emergency responders can expect prompt and well-rehearsed reaction from the Defense Logistics Agency when providing disaster relief during this year's hurricane season, which runs June 1 through Nov. 30. DLA's Aaron Geduldig explains.
On Saturday, the Arlington County Board will vote on a new snow removal ordinance.
NOAA's National Geodetic Survey - the official U.S. government source for determining precise latitude, longitude and elevation - is undergoing a modernization effort that takes into account advances in GPS and other technologies. chief geodesist at NOAA, Dr. Dru Smith, tells us where we are with that.
OMB says FEMA will lead a working group to develop a plan to coordinate agency response for small businesses and other social services. FEMA will set up the group in the next 10 days.
Senate subcommittee looks at Stafford Act and how it may need some reform.
Listen April 27th at 2pm
Program will discuss key benefits associated with virtualization , strategies deployed to improve business processes within agency data centers, DHS Challenges to still Overcome, security a concerns in a virtualized environments, and future vision for the next 1 to 3 years.
Tags: technology , Federal Executive Forum , Virtualization , management , DHS , Gary McCarty , Gary Albert , FAA , Charlie Wisecarver , DCIO , Department of State , Brian Stevens , Red Hat , William Hartwell , Riverbed Technology
Post-Katrina Emergency Management Reform Act expanded FEMA's mission to include the integration of preparedness with protection, response, recovery, and mitigation; the development of a risk-based all-hazards preparedness strategy; the building of robust regional offices to work with stakeholders; and increased coordination with other federal agencies. Rich Serino, FEMA's deputy administrator, tells us how that's going.