Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FEMA
Sens. Joseph Lieberman and Susan Collins said the agency has not created an IT management and oversight plan. Without a comprehensive model on IT, the agency cannot fix the way it responds to disasters.
Tags: senate homeland security and governmental affairs , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , DHS , information technology , Janet Napolitano , IT oversight , Courtney Thompson , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , senate homeland security and governmental affairs
By definition, states would be overwhelmed by a major disaster. Is FEMA ready to step in? GAO's William Jenkins says they have no idea.
David Silverberg, editor of Homeland Security Today, has an update on the mission to Tokyo.
FEMA's new mobile Web site, m.fema.gov, has launched. The mobile Web site makes it easier to access critical information regarding emergency preparedness and what to do before and after a disaster right on a smartphone, according to Director of External Affairs, Brent Colburn.
Expectations clash with reality on Capital Hill on the issue of emergency communications interoperability.
The first presidential emergency alert testing will take place to ensure notifications systems are operating to keep Americans informed during emergencies.